Pesto can be made from a variety of greens and these are so readily available in the Summer.
- 100g Kale (with stalks removed), Basil, Carrot Tops, Parsley or Wild Rocket
- 150ml Olive Oil
- 75g Unpasteurised Hard Goats Cheese, Ewe’s Cheese or Parmesan Cheese
(optional – if not using, then add additional garlic and lemon juice to compensate)
- 50g Mixed Nuts chopped finely in a Food Processor in advance
- 1 Small Garlic Clove, crushed
- Pinch of Celtic Sea Salt
- Squeeze of Lemon Juice
- Food process all the ingredients until finely chopped. If you want a looser pesto for drizzling, add more olive oil.
- Season to taste with more lemon juice or salt
- Spoon into a small kilner jar or similar, seal with lid and refrigerate for use.
• I made this pesto with a combination of carrot tops and basil.