Naturopathic Nutrition - An Introduction
Naturopathic Nutrition looks at addressing the causal factors of health problems, not just treating the symptoms.
Stress, pollution and poor dietary habits can often lead to ill health. This may manifest as symptoms such as food intolerances, allergies, frequent colds/sinus problems, skin conditions, intestinal discomfort, constipation, diarrhoea, irritable bowel, malabsorbtion, nausea, headaches, insomnia, depression, low energy. weight gain or loss, disrupted blood sugar and more .....
What Can You Expect at Your Consultation?
Your practitioner will take a detailed case history during your first consultation which will help you understand your health issues. Advice will be based on dietary/lifestyle analyses, emotions, medical and family history.
A Naturopathic Nutritionist may use a number of therapeutic tools to help the client:-
- Identifying reactions to commonly eaten foods
- Using a cleansing and detoxification process to improve digestion and the absorption of nutrients
- Correcting Nutritional deficiencies or excesses
- Devising individually tailored supplement and dietary regimes
- Creating personalized programmes tailored to the needs and lifestyle of every client
- Drawing on a selection of Medical Tests where applicable.
Who May Benefit?
- Those who are in good health already
- Those who are looking to improve their health
- Those experiencing changes, such as menopause/puberty
- Individuals with acute and chronic conditions
- Individuals seeking greater clarity and understanding of their own picture