MEDICAL TESTS AVAILABLE:-
BIOLOGICAL TESTING SERVICE
This is a private recognized service which is available to any client who does not have a chronic health condition, but has concerns about intestinal or bowel health. Tests available are as follows:-
- Mycology – Candida Stool Test
- Tumour Marker
- Pancreas Diagnostic
- Intestinal Inflammation (Intestinal Inflammation, Intestinal Immune System, Leaky Gut)
- Test for Coeliac Disease
- Intestinal Bleeding (test for Intestinal Cancer and Polyps)
- Intestinal Parasites
- Lactose Intolerance
- Complete Status of Intestinal Colonisation
- Lactose Intolerance
- Helicobacter Pylori Antigen
- Further Tests on request
If you suspect you have an intestinal or bowel condition and you wish to partake in a test, please contact me.
IT IS IMPORTANT TO CONTACT YOUR GP IF YOU SUSPECT YOU HAVE A CHRONIC BOWEL CONDITION.
THE BRISTOL STOOL CHART
This is an interesting scale which classifies the form of human faeces into seven categories. Types 3 and 4 are the ideal stool.
ALLERGY/FOOD INTOLERANCE TESTING
Your favourite food may be affecting your health.... When we crave a food it may indicate that we have an intolerance to it. Allergy UK estimate that 45% of the UK population have an undiagnosed Food Intolerance and estimated 50% of people with a Food Intolerance crave the foods their bodies cannot handle.
Food Intolerance Testing is done using a simple blood test which is sent and analysed by CNS Laboratories who quantify IgG antibodies to the proteins in over 200 different foods.
If you suspect you have a Food Intolerance and would like a test, please contact me.
Click here to download Food Chart.
Click here to download leaflet on Food Intolerance Testing.
VITAMIN D TESTING SERVICE FOR 25-HYDROXY VITAMIN D2 AND D3
This uses dried blood spot technology. The total D2 and D3 results are clearly interpreted.
Vitamin D has long been known for its role in bone health, but it is now known to give vital support to the immune system and to help protect against many of the common and serious diseases that prevail today. Vitamin D is emerging as a nutrient that is vital for so many aspects of health and research is showing it is one of the most depleted.
What is the role of Vitamin D?
- It has long been known for its role in bone health and in the prevention of osteoporosis
- It provides support to the immune system and protects against auto immunity
- It aids glucose tolerance
- It helps to regulate blood pressure
- It inhibits the abnormal proliferation of cells and stimulates differentiation
- It helps to protect against Age-Related Macular Degeneration, along with Lutein
- Low Vitamin D levels have been associated with development of Multiple Sclerosis, Rheumatoid Arthritis and depression
If you would like to partake in this test, please contact me.