A delicious warming soup, perfect served with Paleo Foccacia bread.
- 2 onions
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 4 tomatoes roughly chopped
- half tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 6 cardamom pods
- half stick cinnamon
- 1 cup lentils rinsed and drained
- 1.5 pints of water
- 14 oz can coconut milk
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- freshly ground black pepper
- celtic sea salt added in after cooking
- Put onions, garlic, tomatoes, turmeric cumin, cardamom pods, cinnamon, lentils and water into the saucepan.
- Bring to the boil, lower the heat, cover and simmer gently for 20 minutes or until lentils are soft.
- Remove the cardamom pods and cinnamom stick, then blend the mixture.
- Reserve a little of the coconut milk for the garnish and add the remainder to the pan with the lime juice.
- Stir well and season.
- Reheat the soup gently without boiling. Swirl in reserved coconut milk and celtic seasalt.